Friday, September 3, 2010

DAY 4 Without Cigarettes

That's right it's day 4 of no smoking, and boy do I feel irritable.  Poor Jasen my coworker has to hear me bitch, but that's alright he then just reminds me to clean the sand out of my vagina.  This is the benefit of working with someone who understands the proper way to talk to a Marine.  As a sailor Jasen may not have had to work with Marines directly, but he knows we prefer a straightforward insult your mother and manhood approach. 

A certain someone has suggested that as a way to reduce stress and lose the cravings I should take up exercising.  So, five times a day I intend to do 5 situps, 5 pushups, 5 lunges and 5 leg lifts, so far I've done this 3 times today and I thought I was doing fine until I realized my legs were actually a little sore.  An old friend of mine from high school gave me this routine, though I think I modified it a little.  Either I modified it or the person who motivated me to do this modified it, but I know it's not exactly the same routine that Nick suggested. 

Apparently Nick has lost a ton of weight using this routine, he occasionally increases the amount of exercise he does to ensure he's still benefitting.  It's hard to believe but back before I got married I weighed in at 150 pounds, after the wedding but still in the USMC I weighed in at 180 pounds and after I left the USMC I ballooned up to 220 pounds.  At 5'8" this is not what I call healthy, I have lost a few pounds since the divorce, though I don't think it's much.  

I hate exercise, really I do, so if you hear of a man in Corpus Christi, Texas who after exercising lost his mind and killed his coworker within the next few days, it's probably me.  I would do anything to avoid exercise, I mean anything, but I especially hate running. I'd sell off one of my kids cheap to avoid that hell, alright I admit I wouldn't sell my kids, but don't think the idea hasn't crossed my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment