Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy thoughts happy thoughts happy aaagh who am I kidding

If you have never smoked in your life or only had one or two at a party, the following story means absolutely nothing to you.  After many years of not smoking, ok in the past 10 years I went 3 years without and then occasionally when stressed or drinking I'd pick up a pack and then quit within a week.  Last year my marriage of 10 years finally ended in divorce leaving me a stressed out wreck of a human being.

In my frazzled state I picked up many of my old habits, not cooking, not cleaning the house, drinking whiskey when I want, watching sports and occasionally smoking.  Occasional smoking soon became daily smoking and I was up to 1/2 to a full pack of cigarettes a day.  To make matters worse I got the first cigarette from my ex-wife who doesn't smoke,  I can't be mad at her, she warned me.

Anyway a pack of cigarettes costs between $5 and $7, because I don't smoke generic cigarettes, nooo, mister big spender has to have Marlboro Lights.  I've been smoking some version of Marlboro since I was 13 and I got my first pack from a junior high friend.  Back then the packs were $0.50 and you could purchase them out of a vending machine, which they don't even have anymore.

So, yesterday I decided that to save money so I can make that trip back to Mi and also yes for a girl (woman sorry), I am going to quit smoking. If you've ever done heroin and tried to quit that, yeah that's how I feel right now.  If you want to contribute a nail to my coffin, I'm completely willing to hand out my phone number and address.  OK, just wish me luck, I need it,. any support you can offer would be fantastic too.

No comments:

Post a Comment